Monday, September 18, 2017

Introduction by using Indonesian intercultural communication approach



INTRODUCTION
Study this and act out!
Introducing yourself in monolog
Hello
Good morning
How do you do?
Let me introduce myself
My name is Thomas Abraham Clinton.
I was born in London.
I was born on 1 January 1988. I grew up in Indonesia.
I live with my uncle.
I live in Malang, East Java Province, Indonesia
I study at Malang State University majoring in Mathematic. I always go to campus at 06.00 a.m.
My father is Mr. Clinton. He is a public relation. He works at Big Computer Inc. in human resources department.
My mother is a housewife.
I have one younger brother and one elder sister.
My brother's name is John Clinton. He is nine years old.
He is a primary school student. My sister's name is Maria Clinton. She is 46 years old.
She graduated from Cambridge University majoring in computerized accounting.
Her occupation is an accountant.
She has married and has four sons and three daughters. Her husband is a doctor, graduated from Indonesia University.
I am sorry I must be leaving now because the bell was ringing
I think that's all, and thank you.

Introducing yourself in dialog
Philip                 :” Assalamualaikum warahmatullahiwabarakatuh?”
John                   :” Waalaikumsalamwarahmatullohiwabarokatuh”
 Philip                :” Hello”
John                   :” Hello”
 Philip                :” How do you do?”
John                   :” How do you do sir?”
 Philip                :” May I introduce my name?”
 John                  :” Oh yeah, please! What is your name?”
 Philip                :” My name is Philip. And what is your name?”
 John                  :” I am John.”
 Philip                :” Where is your origin?
 John                  :” My nationality is America. And where are you from?”
Philip                 : “ I am from Africa. And where do you live in America exactly?
John                   : “ I live in Texas. And where is your address in Africa?”
Philip                 : “ My house is in South Africa. What is your occupation?”
John                   : “ I am a lecturer. What is your profession?”
Philip                 : “Plumber. Glad to see you. Good bye.”
John                   : “Glad to see you too. Good bye.”
                                                    image at www.shankman.com

Introducing your friends to others
Jacob      : “Hi there! Maria, long time no see. How’s everything?”
Maria     : “Hi, Jacob. Everything’s flawless. Oops, I almost forget. Jacob, it’s Joseph, and Joseph, it’s Jacob.”
Joseph    : “Hi, Jacob! It’s nice to meet you.”
Jacob      : “Pleasure. Please call me Jake.”
Joseph    : “Sure. Call me Stephan then.”


Other statements to introduce your friends to others!
Let me introduce you to…
Meet my friend…
It is my friend…
Sorry for being rude, here is…
It’s Jake, Jake, it’s Nessie.
It’s the first time you meet my friend…
Ah, sorry for interrupting you, it’s …

Complete the dialogue below!
Security
:
“Good morning”
Christopher
:
“ …..sir”
Security
:
“ How are you going?”
Christopher
:
“ ……, thank you and how about you?”
Security
:
“ ……. Are you ready to fulfill your identity?”
Christopher
:
“ Yes, I am ready?”
Security
:
“ Thank you. What is your first name?”
Christopher
:
“ My name is Christopher.”
Security
:
“ What is your middle name?”
Christopher
:
“ My middle name is Walker.”
Security
:
“What is your last name?”
Christopher
:
“ My last name is Bush.”
Security
:
“So, your complete name is Christopher Walker Bush, right.”
Christopher
:
“ Absolutely.”
Security
:
“ Do you have nick name?”
Christopher
:
“ Yes, I have. My nick name is Christ.”
Security
:
“ I think your family name is Bush, right?”
Christopher
:
“ Yes. In addition, my sure and my last name is Bush.”
Security
:
“ All right. Thank you very much. Now, where do you live?”
Christopher
:
“ I live in Europe.”
Security
:
“ Oh, that’s nice. What is your mother name?”
Christopher
:
“ My mother’s name is Robert.”
Security
:
“ Thank you. What is your father name?”
Christopher
:
“ He is Clive Bush.”
Security
:
“Do you have brothers and sisters?”
Christopher
:
“ I have one brother and one sister.”
Security
:
“ You have one brother. What is his name?”
Christopher
:
“ His name is Paul.”
Security
:
“ Thank you. And you have one sister, right?”
Christopher
:
“ Yes, I have.”
Security
:
“ What is her name?”
Christopher
:
“ Her name is Christina.”
Security
:
“ My next question is what is your hobby?”
Christopher
:
“ My hobby is playing football?”
Security
:
“ What is your favourite football team?”
Christopher
:
“ I choose Flying Bird as my favourite football team.”
Security
:
“ Have you married?”
Christopher
:
“ No, I have not. I am still single.”
Security
:
“ How old are you?”
Christopher
:
“ I am 29 years old.”
Security
:
“ All right. That is all. Thank you very much.”
Christopher
:
“ You are welcome.”






GREETING
1.    BASED ON TIME
There are two divisions of time in a day, AM and PM.
AM Is Ante Meridiem. It starts from 12.00 midnight to 12.00 noon.
PM is Post Meridiem. It begins from 12.00 noon to 12.00 midnight.
Let us discuss some words related to greeting. They are GOOD MORNING, GOOD AFTERNOON, GOOD EVENING, GOOD NIGHT, and GOODBYE.
1.      Good Morning. The duration of GOOD MORNING is after 12.00 midnight until approaching 12.00 noon.
2.      Good Afternoon. The duration of GOOD AFTERNOON Is after 12.00 noon until approaching 06.00 pm.
3.      Good Evening. The duration of GOOD EVENING is after 06.00 pm until approaching 12.00 midnight.  
4.      Good Night. We use GOOD NIGHT when we want to go to sleep or when we want to separate in the evening.
5.      Goodbye. We use GOODBYE when we want to separate at any time of day.

2.    BASED ON THE WEATHER
For Example : A cold day, isn’t it?
                            A hot day, Isn’t it?

3.    BASED ON SITUATION
For example : Very Crowded. Isn’t it?
                            A fast train, isn’t it?
Study this!
1. Hi.
    Hello.
2. A. Good morning.  B. Good afternoon.  C. Good evening. D. Good day   E. good night
3. How do you do?
How are you today?
How are you this afternoon?
How are you doing?
How ya doing? (Informal)
How is your life?
What’s new?
4. Fine. How about you?
Quite well
I’m very well
I am excellent
LEAVE TAKING OR FAREWEL
The lists below can be categorized into conversational pre closing
I am glad you have come here.
: Saya senang kamu datang.
I must be leaving now.
: Aku harus pergi sekarang.
Come whenever you like.
: Datanglah kapan saja.
Please come and see me sometimes.
: Berkunjunglah kapan-kapan.
Please say hello to your sister.
: Salamku pada adikmu.
Please give my kind regards to your mother.
: Sampaikan salam hangatku pada ibumu.
Nice to see you again!
: Sampai jumpa lagi!
                                   

The statements below is very necessary to be used in closing or parting

Good bye.
: Selamat tinggal, Selamat jalan, sampai jumpa
Bye-bye.
: Selamat tinggal, Selamat jalan, sampai jumpa
Cheerio
: Selamat tinggal.
Good night.
: Selamat tidur.
So long.
: Sampai jumpa.
See you later. 
: Sampai nanti.
Study and practice!
A : Hi, Jasper!
B : Hi, what are you doing here,Mike?
A : I have been looking for you in your
     house, but I can’t find you.
B : What’s the matter?
A : You said that you take me to your friend’s party tonight.
     Do you still want to take me there?
B : Of course. I will take you there tonight.
A : What time do you want me ready tonight?
B : I hope you’ll be ready at 7 o’clock.
A : All right. I’ll be ready at 7 o’clock.
B : I must be laeaving now.
A : Where you will go now?
B : I have to pick up my girlfriend, Alice.
     I have been late.
     See you tonight.
A : See you tonight

ADRESSING TITLE IN GREETING AND OTHER CONTEXT USAGE
The title can be part of the greeting. Mr., Mrs., Miss., Ms. are some of the title.
-      Mr. is used for married and unmarried man.
-      Mrs. is used for married woman.
-      Miss is used for unmarried woman.
-      Ms is used for married and unmarried woman

The system name in English
FIRST NAME, MIDDLE NAME, LAST or FAMILY or SURE NAME, and NICK NAME.
Some English people have three names, and some others have two names. Let's take a look at the following names:
1.     Thomas Abraham Lincoln. This consists of three. Thomas is FIRST NAME, Abraham is MIDDLE NAME, and Lincoln is LAST or FAMILY or SURE NAME.
2.     James Hudson. This consists of two. James is FIRST NAME and Hudson is LAST or FAMILY or SURE NAME.

In informal situation you can address someone by directly calling their FIRST NAMES or NICK NAMES. In this case you do not have to use title.
In informal situation you can call Thomas Abraham Lincoln by calling his first name Thomas.
In informal situation you can call James Hudson by calling his first name James.

Additional information:
Practice this when you greet and close the message in a letter!

Dear Sir or Madam
Yours faithfully
Dear Mr/Ms/Mrs/Miss Lincoln
Yours Sincerely
Dear Lincoln
Best Wishes






RUDI PERMADI

redaksi

Isi dalam blog ini semoga bermanfaat dan berkontribusi dalam ranah charity,edukasi, history,Informasi, Promosi, Rekreasi, Religi. Koreksi dan evaluasi sangat dinanti untuk kualitas tinggi.

1 komentar: